Elections will be held on Tuesday 10th May 2016 at Streatham Place Surgery – respond by Tuesday 26th April 2016
We continue to invite all patients to join our Patient Participation Group (PPG) to help shape the care that we deliver at Streatham Place Surgery. All registered patients are welcome to attend any of our PPG meetings even if you do not wish to be a regular group member, and membership to the group is open to all of our patients.
Since September 2015, we have held three PPG meetings, and our regular attendees now wish to invite all patients to join in formalising the group by way of electing a PPG Chairperson and a Vice Chairperson.
The responsibility of these roles are detailed below, and you are invited to either:
- Nominate a patient that you would like to take on one of these roles
- Stand for election and/or
- Vote in the elections taking place Tuesday 10th May 2016
If you would like to stand, nominate or to vote for either of the Patient Participation Roles, please contact Bushrra Ali at Streatham Place Surgery by Tuesday 26th April 2016 – we will be unable to consider any requests after this date.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Bushrra Ali at the practice by any of the following methods:
Contact Bushrra on: email@example.com | 020 8674 8500 | by visiting the surgery
Roles and Responsibilities
Role of Chairperson
The chairperson is responsible
- To ensure the Streatham Place Surgery Patient Participation Group (SPS PPG) functions in accordance with its Terms of Reference and agreed procedures;
- To ensure that PPG meetings are planned effectively by circulating agendas and any other relevant documents in advance of meetings;
- To ensure the conduct of PPG meetings are managed properly and that there is full participation during meetings and that all matters are discussed and effective decisions are made and carried out;
- To act as the spokesperson and figurehead of PPG as appropriate;
- To ensure there is an effective relationship and dialogue between the PPG and Streatham Place Surgery administration.
Role of Vice-Chairperson
The Vice-Chairperson will
- Stand in as the Chairperson when he/she is away;
- Preside over meeting when Chairperson is away;
- Assist the Chairperson with matters between meetings
Qualities (applicable and necessary for both positions)
- Willingness to lead the PPG
- Possesses tact and diplomacy
- Willingness to listen
- Work inclusively and openly